What is your background?
- ’14 graduate of Christ School in Arden, North Carolina
- ’18 business management graduate of UNC- Asheville
- Expected MBA program graduation date from Appalachian State University in May
What is the culture of LockBox?
- Creating an easy to use platform that performs with the utmost quality
- Developing an action based attitude at LockBox and educational institutions
- Being customer centered
- Being proactive, engaging, and innovative
What are some example questions for each wellness pillar?
|5 Pillars||Subcategories||Example Question|
|1) Emotional||Development, Social, Self Awareness, Pressure||Are you proud of yourself?
Are you feeling overwhelmed?
|2) Safety||Bullying, Surrounds, Student Body, Staff||Do you always feel physically safe in your surroundings?|
|3) Health||Development, Physical, Sleep, Nutrition||Do you feel comfortable engaging staff and resources?|
|4) Mental||Body Image, Comparisons, Achievement, Development||How comfortable do you feel sharing your ideas, perspectives and opinions?|
|5) Engagement||Goals, Development, Diversity, Student Body||As a student, do you feel heard?
Do you feel part of the student body?
How will the feedback and data be protected?
- Data security and integrity are going to be essential aspects in the success of the platform. In order to maintain excellence, LockBox will provide security and data integrity that protects all parties involved.
Why wouldn’t students tell administrators what is going on in their lives?
- Having once been a 14 year old boy at a boarding school four hours away from home, it can be extremely intimidating approaching administrators with any sort of feedback, positive or negative. I believe that students in the coming generations are used to being behind screens and detailing their lives and day-to-day activities on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat. In order to better engage with students, it is important to understand their perceptions to better formulate relationships.
How do you avoid students and parents from going onto the platform and just bashing others based on a moments feeling?
- I believe that culture is a vital trait to the success of the platform. I plan on attending workshops with schools using LockBox to stress the importance of what the platform is designed for. Educating and creating awareness will be the ways to offset the improper use of the platform.
If I have any questions, comments, or concerns, how can I contact you?
- Feel free to reach out to my email of email@example.com at anytime!